Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my latest SAA acquisition picked up today. It's a nicely fitted 3rd Gen 5.5" Nickel .44 Special with Pearl Stocks. This beauty came with the original numbered box and paperwork. It has been fired, but as you can see, it's in near perfect condition.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
That is one beautiful SAA and an excellent pick up. The nickel and MOP are a great marriage. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I ALWAYS HAD A BIG YEN for a brace of nickled Colt SAA 45's and a Cisco Kid black leather double rig with all the conchos etc. Then i met him after I'd put all the saddlery on his horse and he was such a jerk I never followed through on the guns and the rig.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Just rub it in, jcs! A forum member gave me the phone number to a guy at a semi local gun show who had an identical gun but with the wood grips. I called and it's $1450, I think. I would not buy a 5 1/2" Colt SAA UNLESS I came across one just like yours in .44 Special only. And I have a set of real pearls (without medallions) perfect for it. And now you had to go and post these pictures! I have trading material for such a gun. Those early 80s guns were touch and go quality wise. You seemed to have found a real nice one.

·
Registered
175 Posts
jcs, that gun looks absolutely fantastic. That is pretty much my dream gun right there. It does look perfect for having been shot, will you be shooting her as well?

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
I ALWAYS HAD A BIG YEN for a brace of nickled Colt SAA 45's and a Cisco Kid black leather double rig with all the conchos etc. Then i met him after I'd put all the saddlery on his horse and he was such a jerk I never followed through on the guns and the rig.
Wil, I hope you aren't talking about my favorite Cisco Kid, Gilbert Roland! I have the set of his Cisco movies and in all but one he packs a gun like jsc just got.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Here's my latest SAA acquisition picked up today. It's a nicely fitted 3rd Gen 5.5" Nickel .44 Special with Pearl Stocks. This beauty came with the original numbered box and paperwork. It has been fired, but as you can see, it's in near perfect condition.
In a word - Exquisite!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts