Colt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody asked for pics of Colt 22 rifles Here is a ss Colteer 22 mag , ss Colteer 22 lr and a Stagecoach All very accurate .

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always wanted to see the boxes for the semi auto's . Can you post a pic or two ? Thanks!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I will have to look at the box tonight to be sure what the scene is. It does have a scene of some type, maybe a stagecoach. Its been a while since I pulled it out and looked at it.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Acre5,

That was me who asked for the pictures.
Question from top to bottom: is the first a semi operated, the second a pump action and the third a bolt rifle?

Thanks a lot for the pictures!

·
Registered
301 Posts
The Stagecoach box is not like the one you referred to. Its brown with an outline of the rifle in a off white color. Underneath the rifle outline is a drawing of a stagecoach being pulled by horses. Gunsmoke the second rifle is also semi-auto (Stagecoach).

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gunsmoke: Top is a Colteer single shot bolt action 22mag

Middle Stagecoach 22 semi auto

bottom is a Colteer single shot bolt action 22lr

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Thanks Acre5 for the intel!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here is one that I own
[/image]
a little older than the others but I would appreciate opinions on if you think the stock is original.

·
Premium Member
6,135 Posts
Re: That may be original

If you look at page 259 in Wilson's "Colt an American Legend" book you will see a high grade Colt Lightning 22 presentation gun with a similar type pistol grip. Maybe a factory letter would confirm. Also my 1878 and 1883 shotguns both have the brass oval insert on the bottom of the rear stock for initials. My 22 lightning has a commonly encountered straight stock. I bought my gun for $125 with a shot out bore. So another $115 later it was religned. Now it is my favorite backyord shooter with either super colobri or short and long CB cartridges. I have shot high speed short and longs in it with no problems but mostly shoot the CBs. Your gun is sure pretty to look at. Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: That may be original

[ QUOTE ]
If you look at page 259 in Wilson's "Colt an American Legend" book you will see a high grade Colt Lightning 22 presentation gun with a similar type pistol grip. Maybe a factory letter would confirm. Also my 1878 and 1883 shotguns both have the brass oval insert on the bottom of the rear stock for initials. My 22 lightning has a commonly encountered straight stock. I bought my gun for $125 with a shot out bore. So another $115 later it was religned. Now it is my favorite backyord shooter with either super colobri or short and long CB cartridges. I have shot high speed short and longs in it with no problems but mostly shoot the CBs. Your gun is sure pretty to look at. Mike

[/ QUOTE ]
Mike,
I had chance to look at Wilson's book and the rifle you mentioned does look exactly like mine. The stock has been extended on the one I have, but it actually feels better than the standard stocks of the other lightning's I have.
I paid the same amount for this one as you did for yours, one of the best buys I have ever made. Even with the damage where someone mounted a scope.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there anyway that you could post a pic of the markings on the barrel of the ss 22 mag. I ask because I have one that had been reblued, lost some of the markings. I would like to restore it back to original, any help would be appreciated
Jason

1 - 14 of 14 Posts