Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just into Colts, today I picked up the Officers Model 38 I posted about earlier this week. It is a 6" heavy barrel, with old stag grip, adjustable rear sight, s/n
603480. Overall ver nice condition, a couple dull areas in the blue. The other is a Single Action Frontier Scout, .22 cal, in two tone, s/n 28525F, also in very nice condition, used little if at all. Any info or comments on these would be appreciated. Not sure if they are keepers, or if they will just pass through my collection as trades........Thanks, Rick

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Nice pair. Just for interests sake, I would call attention to the ejector rod head on the OM. One like that was the topic of some discussion earlier. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A1A---what was the discussion about ??

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Rick; Those earliest Scouts,with the "natural metal" frame are shooting up in value,as Colt switched to an all blue frame soon after their intro.

While I am "not into" Scouts and the casehardened Peacemaker and New Frontier .22's,I do know that they are valuable,especially a nice one like yours. Ive owned 4,but being mostly a shooter,just find them too small for my liking.
About a decade ago,I got an early Scout,like yours,but NOT nearly as nice at an estate auction,paid under $100 for it,and sold it to a collector of the "Scout family" for nearly 3 times that. So many Scouts were made as Commemoratives,that the "regular ones are scarce,and most were well used as trail,kit and plinking guns.

Welcome to the Colt Forum!

Bud /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting discussion, I would have to agree with Judge Colt after reading it all. I can't imagine why someone would make that part, and it seems more are turning up. Can anyone tell the date of birth of mine from the s/n ? value ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts