Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still having a hard time figuring out how to add text to to the pictures and get the picts clearer. will keep trying to improve on the quality of the Picts......God Bless.....pastorjeffp

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Beautiful Collection Jeff.I have a Cobra snub nose that is waiting to come home to join my collection of snubbies.These guns are like Lay's Potato Chips.....You can't only have just one.......Mike

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have many more I'd like to share. As soon as I master this Photobucket issue I'll send some pictures of a couple of my (semi) Safe Queens. I do not own any gun that a do not shoot once in a while......Thanks for looking. If anyone has a suggestion on how to include text with the pictures, Please Advise.....God Bless....pastorjeffp

·
Registered
759 Posts
Those are some nice looking revolvers

FWIW - couple of tips to take good pictures:

1. Use a tripod. You can pick up a good used one off ebay for less than $50 (and maybe much less). It is hard to hold the camera steady, particularly if you are hunched over the gun.

2. Try a different background. Red or maroon works well. You can pick up a piece of cloth from a fabric store for a couple of bucks (or maybe appropriate some from your wife . . .)

3. Learn to use a flash. I sometimes take pics of mine in a light box (plenty of quick plans on the web, and I posted a link to some a while back). A cheap light tent (white sheet held over the gun with some sticks works) can improve things dramatically if you use a flash.

4. Not sure what kind of camera you are using, but cell phones and Iphones don't do nice Colt's justice. If you don't have one, you can purchase a good Nikon pocket camera for $125 or so.

5. Some here take pics outside. That works well, depending on the time of day and shadows. Bright sunlight is pretty harsh, however so you have to be careful what time of day you take the pics. I've had better luck inside.

6. Someone on the board had some great ideas for composition. I can't remember who or I'd give them credit, but add bullets in the revolver in a couple of chambers and some next to the gun, with the cylinder out. Add a knife (I have a WWII Commando that I'm going to do something with a survival knife when I find the time . . .). I'm not an LEO, but have seen some great pics with badges.

Hope above helps. I'm not that great a photog but do enjoy shooting some pics. Digitals are great - you just keep erasing them until you get it looking the way you want!

Have fun.

BlackDog

·
Premium Member
6,467 Posts
Great Colts, all of them. I like the 3' DS a lot. It was surprising to me how one inch of barrel makes it so much easier to shoot. I have large hands and use a Tyler T-Grip on mine. I find it makes it big difference in helping controll the small frame gun during recoil. Glad you enjoy shooting your Colts.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jeff, very nice! I especially like the OMM 22.
Hopalong, I actually have a 1965 OMM model as well in almost the same condition. When going to the range there in nothing more to get the adrenalin going that to cock both of them at the same time shooting offhand with both hands. (I always wanted to do that after watching the old westerns). I'm getting better but a little weak with the left hand. The action on both OMM revolvers are as smooth as butter. Next step is to get a couple of quick draw holsters.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Thanks for sharing Jeff and don't fret the pictures too much (I'm a much worse photographer than most). Blackdog has some helpful information on picture taking as tripods DO help. Unfortunately here in West Texas we haven't had "cloudy/overcast" days in eons, just BRIGHT & HOT sunshine that washes out any outdoor photos.
Nice favorites you have there. Someday I'll track down an OMM to add to the stable so I pleasantly envy you having a beautiful example.

Jeff (Mtn)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MmSpur, This particular OMM had been kept in the type of sticky oil paper the Military uses since it's original purchase. I knew the fellow that owned it and I was confident that he had never shot it. However, The moment I purchased it, I went right to the range with it. Golf balls at 25 yards, no problem. Stocks are in mint condition. Thinking about replaceing them with some refinished 2nd generation stocks done by swamprat & put these originals in the safe.....God Bless....You will never be dissapointed in purchasing an OMM. For some reason these revolvers do not get all the credit they deserve......pastorjeffp

1 - 13 of 13 Posts