Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
My complaint with this is that while the US Property stamp may fit into the first batch (blued and Parked), I see in no way it should be applied on these pistols. That along with the "ball relief cut" being extended too far back is a real detractor for me. If they can take the time to provide different finishes, it certainly would not be a major change to correct the cut and use a standard serial number without stamping it with the GO and US Property stamp.

·
Premium Member
10,267 Posts
The nicest re-pro to date. The only thing I'd want different is silver (or nickel) medallions, bushings, niter blue screw and of course ivory!

Nice....Did you photo shop this?

The nicest re-pro to date. The only thing I'd want different is silver (or nickel) medallions, bushings, niter blue screw and of course ivory!
Me Too, and No US Property Mark.....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am sorry Eight. I did not notice Ricks picture. That looks nice! I wish I had a resource in GA to get ivory for them.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I agree, I want the 380 and jazzed up in nickel and engraved but in that scenario the us property is the only thing keeping it from being such a wildly good reproduction as there weren’t any save maybe a very special presentation like that with the us property marks, idk. Not going to dig through Brunner’s just to check. I know Brent made comments about liscensing agreements on that issue. Again, how does colt make such decisions that could benefit sales. It often baffles me on the way they try and sell and market. I too would want a case of them as skw stated. Even with the marks I may need one.

·
Premium Member
10,267 Posts
I am sorry Eight. I did not notice Ricks picture. That looks nice! I wish I had a resource in GA to get ivory for them.
Even a good fake Ivory would be a better offering.
How about a good Perl?

I will put a nice set of pearls on mine as soon as I get the box today.

2xx.JPG 1xx.JPG
Colt Factory Pearl Grips from 1921.

·
Premium Member
10,267 Posts
Here are some pictures of my new U.S. Armament nickel 1903 hammerless
that arrived Tuesday. The pictures suck but then so does the weather keeping
me to inside pictures for now.

GOP1277-93.JPG GOP1277-99.JPG
I added the grips, Colt Factory Pearl from 1921.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts