Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Never liked the 5.5" "Pinto" guns blue and cased with a bright nickel cylinder.

But then I bought this little .44 and have become quite attached in the blue and cased colored version.

The 4" shot so well as a 44 Special I have taken the time to add a removable cylinder bushing and refinish everything but the barrel and case colored frame. While I was waiting to get the original .44 Special cylinder back I bought a new, bright nickel, Colt 44wcf cylinder and fit it up with a removable bushing and headed for the range! Yes, I was antsy to be shooting! Factory 44wcf shoots a little lower but still right on for windage. Target today was almost as good as the one baove. And 200g bullets are fun in this six gun compared to hot 240s.

If I wasn't so lazy I'd post a picture on the mini "Pinto" and the target from today. I know..."no photo? ...... never happened" :) And now I kinda like the cute little Colt Pinto :bang_wall: The look kinda grew on me. Thank goodness I don't have a set of nickel screws!

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

These were shot at 10 yards so nothing special to see. But I was pretty surprised and more than pleased by the first target on the right using the black square as the POA. So I then slowed down on the center target to see what it might do for a group using the center of the target for POA. As expected it shoots a little low with the 200 grain bullets. Once I shot that one it was sort of a free for all putting a quick 6 down range on the left : ) Pretty pleased for a 44 Special gun plummer chop job using a add on 44-40 cylinder!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts