Colt Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,729 Posts
Of course there are more New Service Colt's out there, they made them from the 1890's to 1944.
However, I suspect not that many see holsters these days, so you might be better off with an Anaconda pattern.
I'm hearing various rumors concerning Anaconda's and Colt.

Again, whether one pattern will work for the "E&I" series and the later medium frames, that again depends on the type holster.
If you're going with patterns you've shown here, the same pattern would work since the real difference is in the welt under the trigger guard.
By positioning that welt you could use the same pattern for most Colt medium frame models.

Other than that, that's some excellent workmanship your'e turning out.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
In your Colt lineup you might want to consider the Colt hammer less 1903/08 same pattern might be a close fit for the Browning 3/4 size 1911/22/380.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Of course there are more New Service Colt's out there, they made them from the 1890's to 1944.
However, I suspect not that many see holsters these days, so you might be better off with an Anaconda pattern.
I'm hearing various rumors concerning Anaconda's and Colt.

Again, whether one pattern will work for the "E&I" series and the later medium frames, that again depends on the type holster.
If you're going with patterns you've shown here, the same pattern would work since the real difference is in the welt under the trigger guard.
By positioning that welt you could use the same pattern for most Colt medium frame models.

Other than that, that's some excellent workmanship your'e turning out.
Thanks dfariswheel!

That's just the sort of information I need to move forward with the pattern pack. With this particular holster style, I'm thinking a Colt Medium Frame holster pattern in 4 1/2" and 5 1/2" barrels...

I've heard the rumors about the Anaconda as well, which is one of the reasons I have that particular model in the forefront of my thinking. But if they reintroduce it on a scaled up frame, I've got no way to plan a pattern for it now.

Now I just need to pick up a Colt New Service, an Army Special, and an older Detective Special and I'll be ready to make the rest of the Colt patterns for the pattern pack.

Thanks!
Will

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Welcome to the COLT Forum from the Cradle Of Liberty...Pennsylvania !!

Enjoy Our Community Will...!!

And may I add that your leather artistry and attention to design detail is exceptional.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts