Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I have been under a rock recently and not paying attention but am I correct to read on the Colt website that the only chamberings for the Single Action Army in 2012 are going to be .357 and .45 Colt? It spoke of custom shop availability but I couldn't find anywhere that broke that down. Please Colt say it ain't so....:confused:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thats the way I read the catalog, looks to me like this could force the price of the NIB 2011 and older guns of other calibers up

·
Colt Forum Friend
265 Posts
All calibers are availible for order through the Custom Shop. We looked at all orders for all calibers and picked the 15 most popular so the production floor can concentrate on making more of the most desired models. Most of the other calibers only had minimal order quantities.
Brent

·
Registered
446 Posts
All calibers are availible for order through the Custom Shop. We looked at all orders for all calibers and picked the 15 most popular so the production floor can concentrate on making more of the most desired models. Most of the other calibers only had minimal order quantities.
Brent
Whew! That's good to hear! I was planning on ordering myself a .38-40 for my bday this year, turning 21 and all. Is it correct that if, when I order it, I request a letter as well, that it will say that it was sold to me instead of just listing the shop that it was shipped to? Thanks for the info and sorry if that's a stupid question.

·
Colt Forum Friend
265 Posts
Any gun ordered from the Custom Shop the invoice will say who it was commisioned for. Letters normally get mailed right after the gun is shipped to the customer.
Brent

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Brent. I'll poke around more to find pricing. I still need a 5 1/2" .44-40 and .32-20.

Jim

·
Colt Forum Friend
265 Posts
Twaits, figures you would ask that! Ratzo .32-20 is no problem in the custom shop.
Brent

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Brent,Is there a price difference when ordering one of the other calibers through the Custom Shop?Thanks,Tim

·
Colt Forum Friend
265 Posts
Prices for SAA's built in the custom shop are in the price list on our website.
Brent

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Whew! That's good to hear! I was planning on ordering myself a .38-40 for my bday this year, turning 21 and all. Is it correct that if, when I order it, I request a letter as well, that it will say that it was sold to me instead of just listing the shop that it was shipped to? Thanks for the info and sorry if that's a stupid question.
I love this. A young man turning 21 and buying a SAA instead of a Glock or Springfield XD or whatever. And in .38-40 no less! Bravo!
This gives me hope for the future...

·
Registered
446 Posts
I love this. A young man turning 21 and buying a SAA instead of a Glock or Springfield XD or whatever. And in .38-40 no less! Bravo!
This gives me hope for the future...
Thanks Twaits! I just wish I could get one in .41, maybe I'll have a cylinder made. Besides, a 5 1/2" .38WCF is what The Duke used in his 'B' westerns and since I'll be living in Colorado it just seems fitting. I never cared for the 'combat tupperware', give me my 1911 or my New Service any day!

Reactions: Muley Gil

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Thanks Twaits! I just wish I could get one in .41, maybe I'll have a cylinder made. Besides, a 5 1/2" .38WCF is what The Duke used in his 'B' westerns and since I'll be living in Colorado it just seems fitting. I never cared for the 'combat tupperware', give me my 1911 or my New Service any day!
I shot Charlene's .41 a couple weeks ago. His was made 1904 I think. He's got his eye on one from the black powder era as well.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I also have one in mind for a new Custom Shop order that has been kicking around in my head for a year or so and it goes like this: 4-3/4" Single Action Army, Nickel finish, beveled cylinder, black "eagle" grips, two line address, caliber as marked on the the barrel...".41 COLT". In addition, this Custom Shop pistol would come equipped with not one, not two, but THREE extra convertible cylinders; One in 38-40, another in .40 S&W, and yet another in 10mm Auto!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts