Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please help with the value of an electoless nickel Series 70 9mm. The gun is complete with box with Custom Shop Label, manual, and hangs tag and appears to be unfired. Also what is the date of manufacture; S/N 70L26740.
Thanks,
Jay

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Sorry, I have box issues, the date's right though. How 'bout $1000. Some guys will say $1500 but a lot of folks just can't warm up to a 1911 in 9mm. What exactly did the custom shop do to it? Was it made there just 'cause it's a nine? Also I've no idea what this stuff is ^^^^^^.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, I have box issues, the date's right though. How 'bout $1000. Some guys will say $1500 but a lot of folks just can't warm up to a 1911 in 9mm. What exactly did the custom shop do to it? Was it made there just 'cause it's a nine? Also I've no idea what this stuff is ^^^^^^.
The electroless nickel finish was applied at the Custom Shop.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I sold a satin nickel 70's era .45 combat commander that was unfired in the box, w/hang tag and paperwork, for $1200 late last year to a dealer at the Reliant gun show in Houston.
Not the same as yours, but that's the truth and the best I can do for now. :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
hurst, not sure about value. I will just mention that I bought a new electroless Government .45ACP back then, saw an occasional electroless Gold Cup, and very infrequently an ACE. But, I NEVER saw a factory electroless 9MM Govt. for sale, or even mentioned anywhere. I suspect that variation would be a Very unusual/rare? one. How that would effect value, since the .45 ACP is so much more popular in the 1911, I'm not sure. I might just pay more for a 9MM version, were I in the market...ymmv

PS. What's the chances? Just saw the first, and only, factory electroless Government 9MM I've ever personally seen, GunBroker. $1300.00, with five days to go.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
3 weeks ago it was an lnk ace and now an lnk 9mm. you seem to have a knack for finding lnk colts. :cool:
although the previous comment regarding rarity might be correct I have seen a couple lnk 9mms in the past.
even though they might be rarer what drives prices is demand and I think demand for a 9mm gov. model would be below the same pistol in 45 or 38super.
having said that I would still think it has to be worth a minimum 1,200 in described condition and probably more, possibly approaching 2k if someone really wants it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.