Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted about the trials and tribulation i had been through with UPS "losing" a New Frontier in my "Anorher Caliber to Feed" thread.

Well I was surfing gunbroker the other day while waiting at the tire shop and found an auction for a New Frontier set to expire in about 3 hours, no reserve, $949 opening bid required, so I placed the bid. Little while later was notified I had won. Picked up the little jewel today. I know I lack the discerning eyes of folks that have been chasing Colts for decades, but I am tickled pink with this 3rd Gen, no box, minimally fired pistola.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
You got a great deal on a nice colt. For the kind of money you have into it you can afford to fix any problems you might discover. Also, you can afford a nice set of Grashorn Elk Horn grips for this gun. Enjoy your Colt..

·
Registered
256 Posts
Nice Colt at a NICE price. Congratulations.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but beemermark's comments reminded me of a story. An old friend of mine asked his wife if she would order him a new set of tires for his pick-up. He left to go run some errands and while out he stopped by a gun shop and spotted a nice Colt SAA 4 3/4" 44 Special in the used gun case. He looked at the gun and immediately called home with a message "THE TIRES CAN WAIT!" :)

Dan

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just picked up my New Frontier from the gunsmith. Gun now feels worthy of the Colt name stamped on it.

Best $85 I have ever spent.

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My NF had a terrible trigger pull. The hammer would actually bind up in the frame.

Found a local 'smith recommended by a trusted acquaintance and took my NF for a visit. The 'smith polished all the innards and the hammer.

The trigger feels great now.

I have got to get to the range this weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, I ordered a three pack of Wolff mainsprings. Swapped out the stock mainspring for a Wolff and all I can say is WOW!

I need to invest in a trigger pull guage, but that spring change made a huge difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts