Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a good friend who is well known in the billiards world. Hes a pro player and also a cue stick maker which a lot of other pros use. His sticks are made of various exotic wood species with various style inlays of different products from ivory, silver, wood, carbon fiber, turquoise; etc.

He wants to make stands for some of my handguns. He plans on etching the firearms model and serial # into the stand.

He has questions I cannot answer such as the angle of the magwell of a 1911. I told him I would bring over some handguns for him to measure.

What is the best material for a barrel to rest on or a barrel dowel to be wrapped in.

Please show me some of your stands.

Thank you for your comments and pics.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I would be uncomfortable in displaying firearms out in the open for a public or private display. I always store my firearms in a large safe. But if you have the room for such, then it's pretty cool. Mine are in plain old rubber coated wire racks.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I have one like Cam’s . I like it , but if having one made I would use a different method.
Obviously - Bruce’s is a clear box that covers the stand
i would 86 the vertical mounts , and use one metal , lucite or wooden rod .
it would give a single hidden mount with no distractions.
drill a hole in the side wall and screw , tap , or glue the rod .
wouldnt actually hold , but would secure .
gun actually would rest mostly on butt .
use the wooden base for your special inlays.
plus, no contact points on external surface
wood or metal could be covered in electrical shrink tube .
Also , you could display right or left side by spinning case 180 deg
use wooden base for your special inlays .

I drew a horizontal line in black , it’s simple plan .
Make me one too, I buy it 🤠

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,209 Posts
I also have these two cases. The first is a double "Patton" case by Brookfield (Les Yoder) and the second is a similar case from Heritage. I like them both but they are significantly more expensive than the one in first photo I posted.
- - - Buckspen
patton3.JPG heritage2.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I saw these at the Colt Show in St. Charles, Mo. a few years ago. Met the owner and designer Joe Holden. These stands are very nice and very well designed. They are heavy. The real magazine lays on a magnet to keep it in place. The pistol rides on a replica magazine and you actually have to hit the magazine release to free the pistol from the stand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts