Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Please show me some pictures of 1950\" Coltwood grips?

I don't have any pictures to help you with, but you will have to get used to calling them "stocks" on this forum or you stand the change that "the old time helpful ones" might just completely ignore you. As they say around here "grips are for bicycles, stocks are for guns".
Good luck, I'm sure someone will post some pictures here soon.

P.S. Welcome to the forum.

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR .357 HANDY,
JUST IN CASE!

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 03-22-2004).]

·
Registered
117 Posts

Not very good pictures, these grips weren't as worn as they appear. They aren't the proper grips for this OMM, so I sold them to someone from these boards that needed them for his Official Police. I currently have some 3rd model Python target grips on it. A set of proper 2nd model target grips with silver medallions is on ebay right now, but the price is getting too steep for me.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Please show me some pictures of 1950\" Coltwood grips?

Please show me some pictures, of the early 1950's Coltwood, plastic stocks? I would appreciate this, very much!

[This message has been edited by Colt38 (edited 03-22-2004).]

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts

Colt38, CMD's picture is what I belive is correct for an OMS. My OMS stocks look just like those, with some variation in color and "swirl" of course.

CMD, I thought the auction price was still fairly reasonable the last time I checked. They will not get any cheaper or more plentiful the longer you look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts