Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I thought it looked good, all though I'm far from an expert, I had it in my watch list till I just bought one off a forum member.

·
Registered
502 Posts
To my eyes that Python does not look to be NIB, because of the obvious burn rings on the front of the cylinder.
Agreed; looks fired to me (compared to several of mine that are truly NIB). There is 'evidence' in the bluing where the extractor star rides as well as around the firing pin. While Python's are test fired at the factory I'm not used to seeing any sort of indication of this in the bluing. Other than that everything looks correct to me.

·
Registered
477 Posts
It says right in the description "very gently used", and "This 1965 Python Like New in the Box". That would make it NOT NIB.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
The auction title is misleading/incorrect as the seller explains in the body of the item description "like new" and later on "few signs of being fired in the forcing cone area" and finally "This one is best described as very Gently used.". While the totality of the package looks correct, it's a used Python in what appears to be about 95% condition +/- a bit. 2K with 7 days left. We'll see what a used Python with box brings, eh? ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts