Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who decry the seeming scarcity of Colts at gun shows, there were plenty at one of our 2 largest shows here in Maine(approx. 300 tables).

Saw about 15 each of P.P.s,O.P.s and close to 20 Officer Models. There were a few Dbacks,Pythons and Mk.IIIs. Many of the older D.A.s were in the $250-400 range,for 90-95% pieces. Sadly,only ONE New Service,a 1917,that was in great shape,all original,but a Tard,had electroplated it! An example that stood out was an OLD Model ,.22 Trooper,for $350,nice except for non original stocks.

Not many revolvers seemed to sell,in the 3 hrs. I was there,as many of the show goers,are more interested in "assault rifles",or hi capacity semi autos.

Most of the Colts there,I have in my Colt side of the vault,so got a nice early nickled S&W 32/20.

So,keep the faith,those who enjoy actually touching,examining,and checking out in person,revolvers vs. staring at them on a screen.

Bud /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Administrator
7,328 Posts
Hi Bud

I don't get to the shows very often anymore . Do you feel the prices have begun to flatten out ?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I don't feel that prices have done anything but steeply climb.

I went to the Dallas Market Hall gun show yesterday and was aghast at just how much prices have risen on in the stuff in which I'm interested, U.S. military, good British military, Colts, Smith & Wessons, and Winchesters. There was a distinct scarcity of these weapons and what was available wasn't really nice but was stratospherically priced. I'm going to have to hunt harder if I want to make additions to the collection.

Still, I saw three New Pocket revolvers, all bedraggled. I did take the best one home for less than the asking price of the lessor examples.

There was plenty of synthetic, plastic, aluminum alloy, AR15's, AR kits, uppers, lowers, (inners and outers for all I know) and every kind of gadget one could desire to hang off of one's AR or tacticool auto pistol at the show.

I know. I'm showing my age now.

Anyway, my .32-20 M&P is one of my very favorite revolvers. You will like yours too. They can shoot very tight groups with the Hornady 90 grain SWC over a mild charge of Unique. Great for potting small game or for pests.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts