G'Day all
Interested if any of you guys know what POWDER is used
in PMC factory 357m bullets JHP
I pulled one the other night to try and identify to no avail
It is a very fine powder @ 11 grains.

·
Registered
329 Posts
This PMC caught my eye -was looking at NNA Mini and noticed on Davidsons site that NNA states not to use PMC ammo >?????

·
Registered
794 Posts
I am sorry I can not answer your question Aussibob. But I can tell you that I will never again use PMC ammo nor would I ever recommend it to anyone for any reason what so ever.

PMC Ammo Company is a part of a larger El Dorado Cartridge Corp located in Nevada. My negative opinion of the company and their products stems from an incident I had using their 45-70 ammo in a reproduction Sharps. As polite as I can be, is that they have piss poor customer service, and they don't care about their end consumer even when their ammo is dangerously at fault.

They apparently shipped out some 45-70 ammo that had contaminated powder. My guess is it was wet when loaded. I ended up getting a couple boxes of this bad ammo. Some rounds would actually fire but most others the powder would not ignite. The primer went off and was enough to lodge the bullet in the barrel.

I informed PMC and returned the ammo to them along with my findings, including high resolution digital photos of failing powder (clumped together). I hounded them for 5 months (yes I said 5 months) to give me a failure analysis. Had I not called them (at my expense) multiple times, they would have just let the issue die. I was out the price of 2 boxes of ammo and the shipping plus multiple phone calls.

When they tired of me calling and writing e-mails they finally admitted the powder was contaminated with moisture. Not only did they not replace the loaded ammo, I could not even get them to give me brass from my original 2 boxes! What a Mickey Mouse organization. And all along they said "we are going to make this right."

They should have been all over the problem like white on rice. Think of the liability, since a novice shooter could have jacked another round after the first got stuck and subsequent shots could have caused injury/death to a shooter or bystander due to the contaminated powder.

If you continue to use PMC ammo, I wish you the very best of luck. You just may need that luck some time down the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts