Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try it here too. The short, short story is I can't touch a firearm or ammunition for at least another 22 1/2 months, maybe 34 1/2 months. So have any of you had any experience with quality air guns? I think I'll stick with .22 cal. RWS makes their model 54 which claims 900 fps from a .22 pellet for ~$480.00 but I've heard from several folks that Beemans R-1 is a much nicer rifle for ~the same price..... but only rated at 765 fps/.22. And then there's the Beeman Crow Magnum which is rated at 935 fps/.22, but a little over $1K. Beeman seems to be better quality, but $1000.00 is getting kind of ridiculous for a pellet rifle! On the other hand, it'll be all I have to shoot for the next 3 years..... It's not totally out of question price wise, but it's pretty close to the top end of my sensibility range!! So, anybody have any personal experience with quality pellet rifles?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a diana model 52 in .177 cal.
All types of slugs run supersonic and have since the rifle was brand new, and it now runs faster after several thousand shots, I have shot only small stuff like parrots and rabbits with it apart from 1 fox that I dropped from around 70 yards away-put the pellet through his eye and it rattled around inside the brain which tends to slow anything down.
I still have the rifle and it is still used regularly,
Make sure if you put a scope on a spring powered air rifle that it is a proper air rifle scope as a normal rifle scopewill not survive long as it will be shaken to bits by an air rifle.

------------------
stephen
--------
all times wasted wots not spent shootin'

1 - 2 of 2 Posts