Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colt D frames, Smith J frames, Taurus Slims, LC9's, etc, etc.

Both LC9's (mine and the Mrs) unceremoniously dropped mag's mid string, so they got sold pronto.

MrsDoc now totes a Kahr CW9 (she has a little more room with purse carry) while my SmartCarry hides a CM9.

Yet to find anything I don't like:

well made
well designed
compact
narrow
excellent trigger and action
accurate
cycles dependably
relatively inexpensive
9mm caliber
simple and durable

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,088 Posts
Kahr is a good little gun. I have one as well- the triggr pull is looong.
It's supposed to be long and it has to be long.

The Kahr was developed back when police still carried S&W revolvers. The concept was for a full power 9mm tiny automatic that had a trigger that felt like a tuned S&W DA revolver trigger and could be carried just as safely as a DA revolver..
Like a DA revolver, the "safety" of the Kahr is the long, revolver-like trigger pull.
This allows for a automatic pistol that doesn't need a manual safety, but is safer to carry then designs like the Glock that have a very short trigger pull.

Like almost all guns these days, the Kahr's get a lot of bad reports on the internet for various problems.
However, most buyers are pleased to get a very reliable gun that just might be this generations "Gold Standard" in a small defense pistol.
The Kahr isn't a target gun, a combat gun, or a range toy. It's intended to be a "people shooter" and they seem to excel at that.

I bought an early K9 stainless back in the early 90's just to try one, and I was so impressed I sold my stainless Walther PPK/s.
The K9 is about the same size as a PPK/s and gives 8 rounds of full power 9mm in a much simpler design with far fewer parts.

Right from the first shot, it's so reliable, I can't even induce a stoppage, and in fact even with some horrible old 1950's Egyptian surplus ammo it's NEVER jammed.
It's so small, so reliable, and so easy to use, it's been my carry gun ever since.

It's the smoothest gun I've ever seen internally with no burrs or roughness at all, and unlike most guns, it needed no work on the trigger or sharp edges at all, and the grips are perfect as-is.
In fact the only modifications I made was to stipple the frame for a better grip.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
d'wheel, how come you never told me that when I was going thru D frames like underwear? :p

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
i had a k9.
great gun, but heavy for pocket carry.
i now carry a seecamp .32.
anemic caliber, i know.
my headstone will read "his carry gun was scarcely noticed, unfortunately, it had the same effect on the bad guy" :p

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
+1 for the Kahr pistols.
HAve CW9, CW 40, CW 45, all very good shooting machines.
rayb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts