Colt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Pocket Positive 2 1/2" .32 with hang tag, brush and instructions.

Small to largest frame pre-war double actions; Pock.Pos., Police Pos., Pol. Pos. Spec., Official Pol., New Service.

Four Police Positives, 1 - .32, 3 - .38's, note short cylinders.

Four Police Positive Specials, longer cylinders to accomodate .38 Spec. ctg., 1 - Nickel, 1 - .32, 2 - .38 Spec.

Four Official Police revs., 1- 4" .22, 1- 5" .38 Spec., 2 Nickel 4" .38 Specs.

Five Army Specials, 1 - 6" .32-20 WCF, 4- .38 Specs.

Assorted boxes for above, (4" blue .38 Spec. Black box is not correct for the gun, 4" OP is actually .22 RF.

1910 City of Chicago Registration Form, was in box with Police Pos. .38, 4".

Three Officers Model Targets, .32 cal.

Two Officers Model Match revs., .38 Spec., NIB

Boxes for above target models. Note the Colt Factory pasted the "2" numeral on two end labels, and "32" on the third to cover the stock "38" caliber designation.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: Pocket Pos. & increasing frame size examples-

WOW! ...I think my keyboard shorted out from the drool...Nice.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
know what you call an ethopian taking a dump?? show off!!! man what a nice collection, and very good photo`s. just kidding about the show off /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. must have taken quite a few yrs to round those up.

·
Registered
400 Posts

Very nice Tommix. Thanks for taking the time to share. If you don't mind me asking in what age range are you? I would think that it would take a lifetime to a amass such a wonderful collection.

Dave

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Absolutely beautiful collection.
request for more information about chicago gun.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

[ QUOTE ]
Very nice Tommix. Thanks for taking the time to share. If you don't mind me asking in what age range are you? I would think that it would take a lifetime to a amass such a wonderful collection.

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 71, started collecting about 1970, right after graduation from dental school. Bought all of my small and intermediate size Colts in the early boxes from an old dealer/collector named Earle Cushman from Chatham, Mass. He used to winter nearby here in Sarasota, FL. They all cost in the $90-$100 range in the 1970's. I had an FFL until 2004, bought all my modern stuff from Colt distributors at dealer cost. Tried to get the discontinued and close-out items, (Pol. Pos., Official Pol. and Diamondbacks, etc.) Guessed right most of the time. Actually started collecting in the mid-1950's, things were really cheap then, but no money. It is all relative but the prices today would sure discourage a young, beginning collector who didn't have limitless funds. Other than Bullseye guns, haven't bought any new collectibles in 7-8 years.

·
Registered
220 Posts

As a colt rookie,your collection is now firmly
under my skin.
What a great and fine survey.
Thank You

·
Registered
400 Posts

That's kind of what I figured Tommix. Well thanks again for sharing you collection. Truely awesome. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif You're guessing about what to buy was right on the money in my humble opinion.

Dave

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i263/bryanmcgilvray/bmcgilvray078.jpg

I posted this photo on handgunplace recently. Neither the photograph nor the revolvers are of as good quality as above but are lots of fun to own and shoot.

From smallest to largest

New Pocket/Pocket Positive .32 Colt circa. 1907
Police Positive Special .38 Special circa. 1914
Official Police .38 Special circa 1953
New Service Model 1909 .45 Colt Circa 1910

·
Registered
391 Posts
All I can say is DAMN!, Those make my Colt's look bad! Unbelieveable collection, and the boxes are outstanding! I have yet to find any older Colt with the original box, let alone all those, but I can keep dreaming!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts