Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the site. Just registered today.
I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction regarding 32 Colt or 32 Short Colt ammunition.
I have a Pocket Positive made in 1910, and was told either round would work, and the short stuff would be easier on the gun.
It is in fine shooting shape, nice and tight. Crisp action, little bluing remaining, but great bore. Definitely carried a lot but cleaned often.
I have found a few online companies such as Midway who list 32 Short Colt all made by Winchester and not in stock (assuming due to the big move).
Just wondering if anyone else has any ideas on where to look.
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
28 Posts
My two Pocket Positives are in .32 Colt New Police which is interchangeable with SW .32 Long. I think the only real difference at the time was the type of bullet the case was loaded with.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Jstone;

Welcome to the Forum. Glad you're here and interested in things like the Pocket Positive.

I fetched a .32 Colt chambered New Pocket/Pocket Positive Transition home from the Dallas Market Hall Gun Show back in March. I did a pretty thorough search for the correct ammunition which proved to be difficult to find. I'm going to lay in enough boxes to load my own. I found a fellow on the Internet who sells the proper heeled bullets for the round.

Here's a topic thread I began just after acquiring the little revolver.

http://www.coltforum.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=25421&an=0&page=4#Post25421

1 - 3 of 3 Posts