Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
to my knowledge the Police Positive was only offered in 2.5", 4", 5" and 6" barrels. I am sure the experts will jump in soon.

Are measuring from the cylinder to the front of the barrel?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Keep in mind that prior to WWII, there were three different fixed-sight revolvers, as you pictured above, with "Police Positive" in their names, and all were manufactured concurrently. There were also target models, but these pretty much all had long barrels.

I believe the .38 framed Police Positive, was only offered in 4, 5 and 6 inch barrel lengths. When a 2" version on the .38 Police Positive frame became available, it was called the Bankers Special.

The .32 framed Police Positive, which was a smaller revolver in almost all dimensions, was offered with 2 1/2, 4, 5 and 6 inch barrels.

The Police Positive Special also was initially offered in 4, 5 and 6 inch lengths, then for a short time in 2 inch, which was quickly renamed the Detective Special.

Reactions: Abe Anglin

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
Looks like the Trigger Bow is bent in or up...also, the Grip portion of the Frame has been shortened.

I do not know what the early History was for the PP Snubby, or if it paralleled that of the PPS for the first few years.

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Definitely cut down. Both barrel and grip frame. Really cool though. Even at $299 it is tempting. Bullstone or Muddyboot should be all over this.
I might be if I hadn't spent my whole gun fund on suidice specials :)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Definitely cut down. Both barrel and grip frame. Really cool though. Even at $299 it is tempting. Bullstone or Muddyboot should be all over this.
I might be if I hadn't spent my whole gun fund on suidice specials :)
I have one all ready, but I'm going to keep an eye on this one. Sent an e-mail
to the seller to see if he will accept a C&R FFL. Here are a few pics of mine.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FYI the seller will take a C&R FFL. I know the dealer. He said the email was not working on gun broker so he didnty get you email.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts