Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ran across a police positive at a gun show, blue, wood grips, 4 in barrell, marked something like "Hong Cong royal police", anyone know the history of it? finish was at least 85% for $275.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I had one years ago. It's probably chambered in .38SW. The Hong Kong police caried these revolvers back in the 50's I think. They transitioned over to the S&W revolver and these went up on surplus. I found mine in a pawn shop back in the early 80's for about $125. The finish was well worn, but it locked up tight and turned out to be a nice little revolver. I bought a .38sp cylinder from GunParts and had it fitted. Till I sold it the PP served as my go anywhere, do anything gun.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Gun Parts also made cylinders in .32 mag and 3" .32 barrels(or perhaps they were "left overs from the Cobra/Det Special in that caliber). I can recall reading an article on one of these conversdions from a "Hong Kong Police" 38PP & the conversion was a great little "companion gun" as Majic said. I wish Id bought one of the cylinders. I have a Courier,and the alloy cylinder is "saved"and a steel one resides in it. Be even better with a .32 mag! Bud

1 - 3 of 3 Posts