Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle gave me his police positive in 38spc. with 4'' barrle ser.# 266xxx and it has pacmyers stocks on it and he can't find the real ones. so I have been looking on e-bay and other sites for the right stocks and I am confussed on witch stocks to get. the bottom of the grip frame is alittle less then 1.5'' wide and I keep seeing stocks stating 1st. issue and long grip frame, also is it a ''D'' frame? any info would help.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

If your revolver is chambered in .38 Special, then it is a Police Positive Special, similar to a Police Positive, but having a longer cylinder. Yours, serial number 266xxx, was manufactured in 1922.

The correct original stocks (grips) would likely have been black hard rubber, with the word "COLT" at the top and a stylized "C" around the screw hole, like these:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/mgm-conten...654_01_grips_for_1909_colt_police_pos_640.jpg

Reactions: weagle99

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
As above, you have options such as more expensive originals including nickel plated stock screw or reproduce stocks which would be less prone to chipping than original hard rubber.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
This comes up a lot. Colt uses the same "D" frame that takes different stocks! LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts