Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an old Police Positive a couple of years ago and was wondering if someone could provide a DOB?

Last patent date on the barrel is Oct 5 1926. Serial number is 3458XX (I think thats the S/N, not all that familiar w/older Colts). 5" barrel, chambered in .32 Police (aka 32 S&W long). In addition to a date, any thoughts on value? Just wondering what these are going for, about 90% - some finish wear. Thanks for any info you can offer.

Bill

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
DOB appears to be 1931. Blue book lists a 90% specimen at $295.00. Gun show prices seem to cover a broad spectrum on some of these older colts, but that's probably a close average.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Mr. Sabre,
Thanks for your picture and question to our forum. I'm no help at all here - precious little ANYWHERE! But your gun intrigues me ... these are new to me. I'm familiar with the Police Positive Special in .38 special - owned and used one of those. But yours is different, isn't it? It looks like a, "mini-Official Police?" I think the grips look like they'd corresond to the original Detective Special model, with the longer tang than the more familiar ones. Anyhow, GOOD lookin' and interesting piece.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Love the little PP. Mine is a 38S&W version and I really enjoy shooting it. When I got mine it had been unfired except for the three proof rounds. Now it gets to go to the range with the big guys.

Here it is hanging out with the big kids.

------------------
I'm so worried about what's hapenin' today, in the middle east, you know.
And I'm worried about the baggage retrieval system they've got at Heathrow.
I'm so worried about the fashions today, I don't think they're good for your feet.
And I'm so worried about the shows on TV that sometimes they want to repeat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts