Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I collect Boston Police guns, both Colt and Smiths (also they had glocks and rugers) I just got two new Police Positives, a 1st series and a 2nd series. All the guns are marked B-P-D and letter to Boston Police.

The question I have is on the new 2nd Series one, it looks too nice and on the right side of the frame the blue seems to be deeper than on the left side. I wonder if it had been touched up or redone? I hope you can see from the pictures, to me it appears to be too thick a finish on the right side. The pictures are further down after my bragging shots

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I go up to my gun room and check it again, but from the pics it looks like both hammer and trigger are blue. Also under the grips on both looks original, so the refinish may have been a bubba job, it does look thicker on one side.

Really however no matter it IS a Boston Police gun and the history is there, and will keep it till a better one comes along, they are not that common

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Wow, Nice collection.

The rampant Colt does look a little light on the imprint. Could have been reblued. But apparently the gun has been used by the police alot before and after the reblue, and like you say it still is an authentic gun to the Police dept. Imagine the stories it could tell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts