Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother brought this gun to work today wondering if it had any worth. Serial # 533590. It's a Police Positve Special .32 NP with a 4 inch barrel. It is not pristine as you can see by the pictures, but is it worth holding on too.

What say you?

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
All Colts are worth holding on to.

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Its a rare caliber historically due to demand but now it could bring the same as a 38 special police positive special. Your gun has features of the late 40's early 50's with the coltwood (plastic stocks) and dual tone finish. 32 S&W long is a low recoil target or plinking round that is cheap to reload also. IMHO $3-400.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Although not a colt my 12 year olds first revolver was a 32 S&W. It is a great caliber for children to learn on, and great fun for adults to shoot as well.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Yeah, those little calibers like the .32 and .38 Short are easy kicking, quiet, and fun. I learned to shoot on a .22 Colt Frontier Scout, and a .38 S&W Short. The .32 had a reputation as a target round, years ago.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have the younger brother to your PPS 32. Mine is 1955 vintage and came with checked walnut stocks. These are fine shooters.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brought it home, gave it some tender loving care and shot some .32 S&W longs through it. Now I love it! Should I tell my brother I lost it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.