Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering the purchase of a very nice condition Police Positive Target Model in .22 LR cal that was made in 1931. The gun would be used for fun plinking and target shooting but would probably not have more that a few boxes of shells run through it per year. Is there anything special about this model that I should watch out for when examining/inspecting the gun before making the purchase ? I believe it was made a couple of years before they started recessing the case heads in the cylinder. Is it OK to shoot modern HV ammo, or do I need to stick with standard velocity loads ? Any opinions as to accuracy, handling, etc. from members who own a similar model ? Thanks

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Walter,talked about the PPT with ya on the S&W Forum,but on your question on the hi velocity,I think ya answered your own question;OLDER,pre-WW 2,guns W/O recessed heads, are best fed a diet of Standard Velocity .22 lrs. A brick,500 rds,will cost ironically a few bucks more than the much more popular,hi. vel. Bud

·
Registered
97 Posts
I concurr with lonewolf, but as the owner of a PPT I'll go a bit further. I recommend getting as close to the original ammunition as possible- Eley Pistol standard shoots very well in my PPT.

That said, if you're looking for an accurate target revolver look at the Colt OMT, OMS, or OMM, or perhaps a S&W K22.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts