Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks does anyone have any idea of manufacturing date of a Colt Police Positive revolver?
On the left side barrel it says Police Positive B .32 and its # is 237312.I´ve got it with the original box with instructions and cleaning brush. .On the inside of the box there are informations printed in english and spanish as well.Thanks for any input

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Raimundo:

The "B" marking on the barrel makes this PP uncommon. It is essentially a factory second (or Pequano) most of which were shipped to Latin America. Good find, especially with the box and brush!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bushwhaker what exactly stands for "Pequano"?
May be a corruption of portuguese "Pequeno" (small)?
Yesterday I gave the piece a good cleaning though I didn´t remove the sideplate.There are small pitting spots some rusty spots but I´ve cleaned and oiled the piece they almost disapeared, so it´s OK.Timing is OK and rifling pristine.Fixed also the box and after all nothig bad for a 68 year old handgun eh?
Any idea of price box and cleaning brush included?
Thanks for the info , Raimundo.

·
Registered
907 Posts
If I am spelling it correctly, Pequano means "little one" in Spanish.

I dug out the Colt book for reference, and these were made from 1933-41, supposedly ending at serial # 237,000. Yours is close enough to be in that range.

Value of the box and brush? If the box is numbered to the gun, I'd guess about $100. The whole package? Depends on the condition of the gun. The B model is pretty hard to find...

Whatever you do, keep them together. HTH

B.W.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, under the box is hand written 237312 and inside it there are inscriptions in english and spanish.The gun but for few small pitting spots is in very good condition , timing,barrel rifling,blueing OK. No end or lateral play .In my opinion it was very little fired and kept unused for a long time.
Regards , Raimundo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts