Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a chance on this one and am happy with what arrived....I believe it is a Detroit Police marked revolver that someone obliterated the rollmarks unfortunately. I have several of these but they are marked 38 Detective Special and this one has the 38 SPECIAL rollmark. Just waiting on the letter to see what's up.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
I took a chance on this one and am happy with what arrived....I believe it is a Detroit Police marked revolver that someone obliterated the rollmarks unfortunately. I have several of these but they are marked 38 Detective Special and this one has the 38 SPECIAL rollmark. Just waiting on the letter to see what's up.....

Can a newbie ask wtf would someone do this to the rollmarks?

·
The Consummate Collector
6,484 Posts
Cam can you tell me the serial numbers of the Detroit pair....I wonder how close mine is.....RR
Sure. Even though the department numbers on the butt were consecutive the serial numbers were not. They are: S/N 351989 & S/N 352189.

This one was purchased by the Detroit Police Department after Colt changed the name to Detective Special. You can see that the Department's butt number was much higher.

This nickel Detective Special was owned by a Hardin, Montana sheriff, W.S. Brooks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts