Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Not only is it gun friendly, but it is a beautiful place as well. This could be the next Silicon valley!

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
I don't want to rain on your parade..LOL But we have been singing this song in Idaho for some time.

It has a good melody and as far as I know we are the only state in the Union that you can wear your concealed weapon into the state capitol building and visit with the Governor.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
as far as I know we are the only state in the Union that you can wear your concealed weapon into the state capitol building and visit with the Governor.
Kid this is HUGE!!!!!! Every time I think we've made progress here in Ohio these past eight years I read something like this. I fear that Ohio is still so infested with liberal anti-gun kooks that our state government will never fully come to terms with the Founding Fathers' intent of the Second Amendment.

I did read in Scott Kappas' handy "Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the 50 States" that "Idaho prohibits carry in only the most obvious areas such as jails, courthouses and schools" (Page 22, 2011 Edition.) No mention of the Statehouse. Is the state capitol building thing a recent development?

Ed

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vermont does not have handgun restrictions for concealed carry. If you can legally own a handgun you can carry it concealed in the Green Mountain State.

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
Kid this is HUGE!!!!!! Every time I think we've made progress here in Ohio these past eight years I read something like this. I fear that Ohio is still so infested with liberal anti-gun kooks that our state government will never fully come to terms with the Founding Fathers' intent of the Second Amendment.

I did read in Scott Kappas' handy "Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the 50 States" that "Idaho prohibits carry in only the most obvious areas such as jails, courthouses and schools" (Page 22, 2011 Edition.) No mention of the Statehouse. Is the state capitol building thing a recent development?

Ed

First thing Gov.Butch Otter did when he took office was to ELIMINATE that portion of the law that prohibited carry in the Capitol or any other State Building. I think that was 8 years ago.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Here in the Big Sky state it is Government buildings, schools, banks, and those pesky businesses that serve/sell alcohol for consumption on their premises. A weapon is considered concealed if it is concealed by an article of clothing. A purse, backpack, or fanny pack are not considered articles of clothing. You don't need a CWP to carry concealed outside the city limits or within the city if you are engaged in an outdoor activity. Biking, hiking, walking, fishing, jogging....you get the picture.

But nobody has a Gov. like Butch Otter.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have been ever so happy since I moved to Idaho from the Midwest. Such a different world out here.

Of course, there aren't many people, either. Maybe there is a correlation?

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Max, I gotta tell you, my sister would agree with you 100% and then some. She moved to ID from Ohio 3 years ago and has never looked back. She likes it so much, she even convinced Mom to move, too. Last summer Mom, an 88 years young widow lady, sold her house and I made the Penske household move to ID. Sis has even taken a striking interest in firearms since she lives without a man in the house. She's taken up with a gentleman who is a somewhat well-known gun expert and is having her M-1 Carbine restored to full functionality. She even said she is considering purchasing a handgun and obtaining her CCW. And all these years I feared she was too much a squeamish liberal to even contemplate all this gun madness.

Anyways....... Kinda lonely without Mom & Sis, but........ they are both happy beyoind words. Maybe there IS a correlation?

Ed

Reactions: rickb2202

·
Registered
368 Posts
Potlatch is in some sweet country, too. I was working at UI in Moscow when the local mill shut down in the '80s. Hope the town recovered since then. They deserve to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts