Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Rick, I Agree with you completely! I just saw what happend this morning when iturned on the news. From the sound I heard, it was a FA weapon. I have not heard what firearm it was, but I feel sure the Police have it in their possesion now.

How much crazier can people become? Shooting anyone this way is total nonsense, regardless of their political views!

I did say a Prayer for all the families that had their members killed or wounded when I first heard of this event.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
An act of insanity. I've seen some of the videos and it was definitely full-auto fire...no one could fire a semi-auto firearm that fast for that long. Prayers to the victims and their families. Let's all hope it was confined to a lone criminal and not part of some greater conspiracy.

I know recriminations will come sooner rather than later from the gun haters but it should wait for the facts.

·
Banned
318 Posts
Sounded like an AK, but sound being convoluted via coverage might distort the differnce between a "sharper report" versus the AK report. Heard enough AK fired at us to be confident in assessment. No matter, a terrible, terrible tragedy from a deranged person who somehow made enough trips upstairs to the 32nd floor of the hotel to stock his room with 10 weapons. He was, supposedly, a guest there, for 3 days. That's enough time to smuggle in a bunch of firepower.

I pray for the fallen/ innocent victims that never met this mad man. He didn't target, he sprayed and watched the carnage of his actions. I do thank the LORD that his life was ended though it begs questions as to "WHY?"

RIP to the innocent and the LE that took this maniac on.

J.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Huge tragedy, but let’s not jump to a full auto situation......no one knows that for sure and it could very well be a bump stock or something else.......I am respectful of your right to post your opinion but we won’t know that it was a fully automatic weapon until it is all said and done.......I think the title of this thread is a bit presumptuous. Prayers go out to all of the victims.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
It appears that many in the zone of fire acted as first responders to help those wounded. Who knows how many they may have saved acting on their own?

There was one concert goer who was nearly naked as he was using his own clothes to use as tourniquets and cover victims to comfort them. There was lots of heroism displayed in many ways. There's a photo of another guy standing and giving the finger in the direction of the shooter...beer infused courage as he was drinking in a photo just prior to his display of defiance.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
An act of insanity. I've seen some of the videos and it was definitely full-auto fire...no one could fire a semi-auto firearm that fast for that long. Prayers to the victims and their families. Let's all hope it was confined to a lone criminal and not part of some greater conspiracy.

I know recriminations will come sooner rather than later from the gun haters but it should wait for the facts.
No doubt this takes an unbalanced personality, but sometimes I wonder what creates the motivation for some of these tragedies.

Wait for the facts: Never
My wife woke me early this morning to this horrific event. It is hard to imagine how anyone could commit this terrible act. Our prayers to those affected.
I slept a bit late and heard my brother comment: "don't turn on the news there was a machinegun shooting in Las Vegas with 50 dead..."

·
Registered
10,532 Posts
Huge tragedy, but let’s not jump to a full auto situation......no one knows that for sure and it could very well be a bump stock or something else.......I am respectful of your right to post your opinion but we won’t know that it was a fully automatic weapon until it is all said and done.......I think the title of this thread is a bit presumptuous. Prayers go out to all of the victims.
I think you may be right about the bump fire stock. If you listen to some of the video closely sometimes it sounds like it slows down and speeds up. Not exactly consistent, like a bump fire.
But regardless, it's a terrible tragedy and my heart breaks for everyone there. I have no words.

·
Premium Member
20,523 Posts
There are long lines for people offering to give blood in Las Vegas and I just heard Nevada Officials are asking for a waiver for out-of-state doctors to be allowed to help out in Las Vegas area hospitals.

·
Registered
10,532 Posts
So this guy was allegedly a well off retired accountant according to his brother. Liked to gamble, go to shows, go on cruises.
Never gave any kind of clue he would do something like this.
I don't like to try to start any kind of conspiracy theory discussion and that is not my intent, but I wonder if they know for sure that the guy they found dead in the hotel room was truly the one that did the shooting?

·
Registered
10,532 Posts
Also still no word from our friend Phil Poburka "Oyeboten".
I'm getting a little concerned about him since he is currently in Las Vegas and packing up to move to the mid west.
Normally he is real active on Facebook and always responds to my messages to him pretty promptly. He's made no posts and not responded to my message yet.
Keep good thoughts for his safety.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
So this guy was allegedly a well off retired accountant according to his brother. Liked to gamble, go to shows, go on cruises.
Never gave any kind of clue he would do something like this.
I don't like to try to start any kind of conspiracy theory discussion and that is not my intent, but I wonder if they know for sure that the guy they found dead in the hotel room was truly the one that did the shooting?
You can’t account for mental health issues.....people lead normal lives and then break. Only time will tell. So many questions unanswered that will probably stay that way for a long time......you can’t explain crazy, it happens unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I will wait to comment other than my heart and prayers are there for the victims.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
God bless the innocent victims-RIP.

God help their family and friends.

BIH to the satanic, insane, murderer who committed this atrocity- and any who may be behind him.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.