Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, around 4:00 pm, a city employee who had been terminated earlier in the day, returned to Building 2 at our municipal center with a .45 ACP handgun fitted with a suppressor and extended magazine. This is about 2 miles from me and sounded like every vehicle with a siren was heading there. Twelve victims are dead, all but one were city employees. Please keep our city in your thoughts and prayers. You never expect it in your own backyard.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Rick, I lived in Virginia Beach from 1994-96 when I was doing some work as a contractor to the Navy Exchange system. It is a beautiful area and fine city. It is a terrible tragedy. I just don't know what the heck is wrong with people these days. Mass shootings like this were unheard of 30 or so years ago when gun laws were much less restrictive so it sure isn't the "easy availability of guns" as the anti's want us to believe.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Rick, I lived in Virginia Beach from 1994-96 when I was doing some work as a contractor to the Navy Exchange system. It is a beautiful area and fine city. It is a terrible tragedy. I just don't know what the heck is wrong with people these days. Mass shootings like this were unheard of 30 or so years ago when gun laws were much less restrictive so it sure isn't the "easy availability of guns" as the anti's want us to believe.
I agree with this as policies have definitely tightened up from a time where things like this didn't happen. I can't help feeling that these shootings and extreme events are tied to our ever worsening society. Kids grow up today disconnected from their parents or in broken homes, many of which are just angry at such a young age. Then adults don't feel valued in their workplace environment any longer most employers don't treat their staff with respect, many adults have ridiculous amounts of debt weighing on them. People feel strapped financially, underappreciated and stressed everyday. Then you have the news, politics, climate change conversation, etc all big topics wavering in the minds of everyone on a daily basis. Honestly all of these things (in my opinion) are contributing to the degredation of society and increasing this extreme approach to emotional resolution. It scares the heck out of me as someone who has three young kids growing into this future. As we have already had a shooting at UNCC this year, a shooting at a local high school, and multiple issues with people bringing guns on to elementary school campuses with the intent of hurting someone. All of this has happened in the past ten months in the Charlotte area. So I definitely feel awful for those in Virginia Beach and anyone who has experienced "this" but I can't help feeling like this is just a growing wave of people's resolution.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I agree with this as policies have definitely tightened up from a time where things like this didn't happen. I can't help feeling that these shootings and extreme events are tied to our ever worsening society. Kids grow up today disconnected from their parents or in broken homes, many of which are just angry at such a young age. Then adults don't feel valued in their workplace environment any longer most employers don't treat their staff with respect, many adults have ridiculous amounts of debt weighing on them. People feel strapped financially, underappreciated and stressed everyday. Then you have the news, politics, climate change conversation, etc all big topics wavering in the minds of everyone on a daily basis. Honestly all of these things (in my opinion) are contributing to the degredation of society and increasing this extreme approach to emotional resolution. It scares the heck out of me as someone who has three young kids growing into this future. As we have already had a shooting at UNCC this year, a shooting at a local high school, and multiple issues with people bringing guns on to elementary school campuses with the intent of hurting someone. All of this has happened in the past ten months in the Charlotte area. So I definitely feel awful for those in Virginia Beach and anyone who has experienced "this" but I can't help feeling like this is just a growing wave of people's resolution.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
I agree 100%. This is a cultural phenomenon, and if our society doesn't recognize it as such it will only get worse.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yes Rick, this is a terrible blow to all Virginians. Thoughts and prayers going out to the victims, their loved ones, and to law enforcement who dealt with this directly and to those dealing with the aftermath.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Prayers for all.

Reactions: WVCOLT

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
Thoughts and support for those involved and affected. The troops at the PD there are first rate and well prepared for an act of terror such as this. It's a sad reminder of why we must prepare and always be ready.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
A terrible situation. I can't imagine the pain that the families are feeling at this time. I am sending them prayers and I hope that helps.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts