Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pre-War 5\" Colt Police Positve Special

Guys: I was fooling around with the digital camera over the rainy weekend and took a pic of one of my favorites. It is a PPS in .38 Special manufactured around 1930. The thing I like about it most is the 5" barrel. It just seems, to my eye, to balance the gun well and give it a certain grace. Never shot it and may never get around to it. Any other fans of the 5" barrel length around here? Regards, Charlie Flick

·
Registered
132 Posts
Re: Pre-War 5\" Colt Police Positve Special

I have one that is identical. Very pretty little gun, much more attractive to my eyes than the 4 inch version.

Bill A

·
Registered
63 Posts

I've always enjoyed the "D" frame PPS. I own a number of them myself, including a 5"or two. Very popular handgun with law enforcement circles, as well as law breaking circles. I really enjoy your photograph and my compliments on the Colt Police Handbook. Steve B.

·
Registered
63 Posts

I've always enjoyed the "D" frame PPS. I own a number of them myself, including a 5"or two. Very popular handgun with law enforcement circles, as well as law breaking circles. I really enjoy your photograph and my compliments on the Colt Police Handbook. Steve B.

·
Registered
535 Posts

Mr. Ordnanceguy, Charlie, ... you are an artist and I'm certain, a regular, "Every time a bulls eye," kinda guy. Thanks for the picture. Well done, Sir. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ordnanceguy:
Guys: I was fooling around with the digital camera over the rainy weekend and took a pic of one of my favorites. It is a PPS in .38 Special manufactured around 1930. The thing I like about it most is the 5" barrel. It just seems, to my eye, to balance the gun well and give it a certain grace. Never shot it and may never get around to it. Any other fans of the 5" barrel length around here? Regards, Charlie Flick
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks for the comments, guys. I knew there must be some 5" fans around here. I like the Colt paper stuff too. It doesn't shoot, but it does help provide context to the guns historically, and gives good information on what the factory was offering at a particular time. And, it is always interesting to see what the prices were 'way back when'. Charlie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts