Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you have a 1938 Colt .38 New Service (serial number 345915), I have your original box and test target.:) There's no label on the box so I don't know the barrel length or finish...

·
The Consummate Collector
7,170 Posts
Thanks guys for the nice compliments. I have been working on my display of the Colt New Services for the past couple of years and will be setting this up at the October 2018 Colt Collectors Show in Concord, N.C. It will be one of the largest and most complete displays of the New Service ever shown. It will cover all of the New Service calibers and barrel lengths as well as the Shooting Masters. Many one of a kind will be on display as well as several engraved examples. I hope many of you will make plans to attend the show as it was one of the best attended CCA Shows when it was in Concord back in 2014. The Colt Collectors Association is making an extra effort to get the word out for this show and it promises to be one of the best. They expect to have a full house with the maximum amount of displays. I hope to see you there.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
Thanks guys for the nice compliments. I have been working on my display of the Colt New Services for the past couple of years and will be setting this up at the October 2016 Colt Collectors Show in Concord, N.C. It will be one of the largest and most complete displays of the New Service ever shown. It will cover all of the New Service calibers and barrel lengths as well as the Shooting Masters. Many one of a kind will be on display as well as several engraved examples. I hope many of you will make plans to attend the show as it was one of the best attended CCA Shows when it was in Concord back in 2014. The Colt Collectors Association is making an extra effort to get the word out for this show and it promises to be one of the best. They expect to have a full house with the maximum amount of displays. I hope to see you there.
Cam,
I hate to be the one to break this to you, but if this show is truly 'Oct. of 2016' I think you missed the boat! :D I'm disappointed though, because I consider the Colt New Service the finest revolver ever made!

nowinca

·
The Consummate Collector
7,170 Posts
Cam,
I hate to be the one to break this to you, but if this show is truly 'Oct. of 2016' I think you missed the boat! :D I'm disappointed though, because I consider the Colt New Service the finest revolver ever made!

nowinca
Darn, I knew I missed something. Thanks, just getting old I guess.:bang_wall:

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I've been waiting since the 2014 show for Cam to put this display together. I'll try to use the time to get my drooling under control.

Buck

·
Registered
803 Posts
If you have a 1938 Colt .38 New Service (serial number 345915), I have your original box and test target.:) There's no label on the box so I don't know the barrel length or finish...

If the gun isn't found I would love to try and buy the box. Just PM me if you want

·
Premium Member
6,104 Posts
345269, close. Mine is a 4" 38, round butt, targeted, no lanyard but with a ramp front sight like post war guns. What ever letters or numbers were on the butt of the grip frame are ground off. Some believe it may be a ex-border patrol gun. Just had a funny thought, has anyone ever "lettered" a box?

·
Premium Member
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just had a funny thought, has anyone ever "lettered" a box?
Yes, I know of a couple examples of a "lettered" box without the gun.

Reactions: Hopalong

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
My 38 special is close, only 344 away at 345574. Has a 4" barrel on it now, some replacement stocks, blue finish. I don't know if the barrel is original, I haven't lettered it.
I have no other history, other than I found it in Texas. I like to shoot it occasionally, as it seems accurate and easier to shoot well than most of the lighter versions.
rayb

1 - 15 of 15 Posts