Colt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today this new to me 91 years young commercial Government Model from 1926 showed up on my doorstep. A nice "relaxed" Colt...enough wear and tear so that I can handle it, play with it, and shoot it (and afford it!) without guilt.

60 rounds or so later...

Hammer bite! But it was worth it.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
I have a 1932 Govt. Model with the original box. The condition is superb, so I don't shoot it. Matter of fact, I don't even handle it that often.
Yet, it's one of my most prized hand guns.

Congrats! That's a really nice Govt. Model.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
OP that's nice government model you got enjoy shooting it. To prevent hammer bite try putting on a small square band aid on that spot before you start shooting. I found by doing that my skin did not get cut but once in a while I felt a minor sting.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Nice acquisition. Some in these serial range went to Argentina, if my memory serves. Better get out and shoot it before the snow comes to Maine - of course winter gloves will also stop hammer bite.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice acquisition. Some in these serial range went to Argentina, if my memory serves. Better get out and shoot it before the snow comes to Maine - of course winter gloves will also stop hammer bite.

LOL! Too late! We just got some snow last night. Yesterday I fired around 60 rounds out the second story window of my spare bedroom/ gun /reloading room. I could hit a steel gong in my backyard at about 100 yards pretty regularly, though the hammer bite did tend to induce flinch, particularly after a couple mags when my skin was pretty torn up and raw.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a 1932 Govt. Model with the original box. The condition is superb, so I don't shoot it. Matter of fact, I don't even handle it that often.
Yet, it's one of my most prized hand guns.

Congrats! That's a really nice Govt. Model.
Have you posted photos of yours before? I don't remembed seeing it, but I would certainly like to!

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
OP that's nice government model you got enjoy shooting it. To prevent hammer bite try putting on a small square band aid on that spot before you start shooting. I found by doing that my skin did not get cut but once in a while I felt a minor sting.
I believe if you get "bitten" by ANY handgun, you're holding it wrong!

Try the FBI "two handed" hold when shooting a handgun! Only way to go when shooting any gun with considerable recoil in my opinion, unless you're into pain and suffering! :rolleyes:

Not only prevents self-inflicted injuries, it is generally more accurate!

nowinca

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Nice work Lou. Now you need a letter in the outside chance it shipped to P. Von Frantzius, Louis Scaramuzzo or Von Lengerke and Antoine in Chicago.
...or perhaps Dakins Sporting goods in Bangor? :)

I just read the new article in The Rampant Colt about Von Lengerke & Antione! What a great history lesson on the 1920's & '30's!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts