Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
That thing just takes your breath away. Way too nice for my pile. I'll have one someday. It won't be as nice. I blew my budget last week on a 1908 model m .380. It was worht it.
Good luck bidding. You really should have that thing.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
That one is a beauty I just hope someone doesn't get stupid and run the bid too high, I try to never bid against another forum member so best of luck Ron let us know how it turns out

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Ronald, good luck acquiring that really fine pre-war DS, one of the nicest ones I have ever seen. It is quite breathtaking. It would look great in my collection - or anybody's collection.

While I put it on my watch list, I shall not bid against you. It would simply be bad form to bid against a fellow Coltforum member, the one who called this fine revolver to my attention.

I doubt it will go cheap.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks gentelman. If it gets to a certain point where I can't afford it (being retired and that fixed income limit), I will bow out and let the members her have a chance. Take care, Ron

·
Registered
41 Posts
Lovely piece. The kind of thing I have to make a strong effort to ignore, because once it comes home I keep thinking it's too pretty to shoot. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Really nice looking gun there! Good luck on the bidding.

I dont want to hijack the thread, but I just have to use this as an example: Kudos to this seller for a buyer friendly format. So many sellers are so afraid on Gunbroker to list a gun without a hidden reserve. If the gun is a good clean example like this one, it WILL sell, and WONT sell cheap. I like these no reserve auctions because the buyer doesnt have to waste their time researching a gun that may or may not be within the range of what he is willing to spend. My theory is, if you HAVE to get a certain amount of money out of something, ie 500 bucks, etc., then start the bidding at 500 and let it go from there. Just my two cents! Also I appreciate how this seller has nice pics to, so much easier to buy when you can see it!

Okay, back to the topic at hand!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For fellow forum members. I am bowing out of the auction. Has gotten to the point where my meager retired pay just won't allow me to get it..
So, fellow mmbers, go for it!
I don't don't know who the current high bidder is, but he beat me out on another one recently. He is determined to snap every one up I guess.
Ron

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
For fellow forum members. I am bowing out of the auction. Has gotten to the point where my meager retired pay just won't allow me to get it..
So, fellow mmbers, go for it!
I don't don't know who the current high bidder is, but he beat me out on another one recently. He is determined to snap every one up I guess.
Ron
I've been following the auction since I got your email about it a few weeks ago and since you posted this thread. I was rooting for you and I'm sorry it went this high. I wanted you to get it.

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
It is already $1200 with 9 hours left. If will probably go for over 95% BB value of $1625. Just a guess.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Ron, sorry you had to bow out hopefully the guy is a Colt nut like we are with a little extre money but like you said he has beat you out before so it sounds like its a case of buy high and sell higher. But don't be discourged thrie out there Mike and I both lucked out a few months ago and each got one that were shipped within two or three weeks of each other so hang in there

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I'm sorry you had to let go too. It is a really nice looking gun.
Be patient & I'll bet one will come along that has your name all over it.
Frank

1 - 20 of 27 Posts