Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings , i just looked at a pre-war offical police 4 inch barrel ,80-85 % blue wood stocks butt marked NTPD with a slightly higher and fatter front sight appears orginal in style on configuration , how much should i offer ?? please post a reply rj

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
This sounds like one of the "prototype"guns for the NYPD,that Massad Ayoob mentions in a Guns Annual from around a decade ago. They had the wider sight. I have a 6",with this wider sight(a half moon,with no step in it,or a "base",factory targeted,and factory trigger job. Not a police ordered gun,but an "elected county sherrifs",who screwed the whole thing up by "criss crossing"the backstrap with a hacksaw for a no slip grip!Came with nice stags,which I gave back to dealer,and got gun for a $100. Carefully "smoothed" out strap & cold blued it(many times) & then fitted some smooth walnuts! If the dealer,that has the gun,doesnt know about the "prototype" sights,and/ot the police markings(tell him you want proof,seriously,that it is an ex-PD gun, Id go $200. These "slight differences" are really only worth a premium to O.Police "fanatics"! Go for it,and good luck! Bud Oh,had little holster wear,as Sherrif kept it in his desk,for "serious trouble situations",and carried a Remington Model 51 semi auto in .380 in his top shirt pocket(seriously!) for duty gun! He was a "big man",or as they say,to be politically correct-"horizontally challenged!" Bud

·
Registered
535 Posts
Oh, boy ... it appears there's more to Theme and Variations on the Colt Official Police than anyone would have guessed! Heavy barrels, skinny barrels, 5", 2", square and round butts!? Supposed nickel plateds and the elusive Mark III! Now, front sights, too ... I'd better pack my stuff and go stay a night or two at a Holiday Inn Express! Dfarris - HELP!?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts