Colt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,819 Posts
Beautiful Officers Model Target (OMT) package in a scarce chambering.

(A "Match Target" (MT) is the top of the Woodsman .22 caliber pistol line. An "OMM" is an Officers Model Match, a revolver model that was introduced in 1953.)

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now that's impressive John! I see your OMT .32 in the center has a "2" pasted over, I'm guessing, an "8" adjacent to the "3". Mine is the same way and I've seen one more like that. Do your other two have the "2" pasted next to the "3"?

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Now that's impressive John! I see your OMT .32 in the center has a "2" pasted over, I'm guessing, an "8" adjacent to the "3". Mine is the same way and I've seen one more like that. Do your other two have the "2" pasted next to the "3"?
Two of these .32 boxes have a 3 pasted over the 8 and the other .32 box has a 3 pasted over a 2 ,, this shows how Colt used surplus boxes from OMT in .22 and 38 to make the .32 boxes. Note where the one .32 box has the REG US PAT OFFICE just as the .22 box I have pictured and the other .32 boxes do not, and it just happens to be the box with the 3 pasted over the 2. I know all these guns to be 100% correct with their correct numbered boxes and test targets. This is a good example of how Colt didn't waste anything and a good reminder to never say never in the Colt world.

John

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
I bought this one NIB from the old J&G Rifle Ranch years ago. Still haven't shot it and won't as I have several other 32 Target revolvers for that.
This one was made in 1939 and shipped to the Massachusetts National Guard Pistol Team. Serial number is 640608.
A small group of these surfaced in the late 1970s.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bought this one NIB from the old J&G Rifle Ranch years ago. Still haven't shot it and won't as I have several other 32 Target revolvers for that.
This one was made in 1939 and shipped to the Massachusetts National Guard Pistol Team. Serial number is 640608.
A small group of these surfaced in the late 1970s.
MOOSEDOG, I remember when those ads from J&G were running and the ones in the box were $375.00 if memory serves me right. I was recuperating from a fall at the time and one day being bored I called my brother and told him to order us each one. He called me the next day and told me that they had all been sold to one person. Totally bummed out. Found one last year without the box, 98-99% so life is good.

·
Registered
69 Posts
5k for a perfect gun if you can find a perfect one. 3-4 k for a nice 98-99% boxed gun.
John, every once in a while, the stars and planets align and GOD is good to this ole boy. I found one on Gunbroker back in May, with ser. # range 643xxx and bought it for $850, no box or papers but 98-99% condition and perfect in every respect. What a joy to shoot with reloads using the RCBS 98 swc and Red Dot. I am a S&W guy at heart but always appreciate quality no matter whose name is on it. AND boy do these models show that old Colt quality. My brother suffers from an extreme case of lust every time I bring her out to play.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,950 Posts
I did just listed one on GunBroker with it's original box but the condition is not like the ones shown. It was evidently stored all of these years without oil and the finish has lots of small freckles in the bluing. Certainly a great gun for a shooter.

Back when J&G Rifle Ranch ran there ad's in The Shotgun News they were selling them for $1095 $ $1195 depending on if it had the box or not. I think that they ended up with a large amount of the original inventory.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.