Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Which do you prefer? Pre War or Post War Cold Official Police/Police Positive Special/Detective Special???

I like them both. But For me....at least for the service revolvers, I prefer the Prewar just a little more. I like the thinner halfmoon sight, I like the hammer, I even like the ejector rod push and I even like the ejector rod cap a little better. I even like the deeper cylinder grooves and the patent stamps on top of the barrel as far as looks alone go.

I haven't had a whole lot of experience with prewar Detective Specials. But I think I like the post war better as they have longer ejector rods that are more likely to knock all shells out and they still, to me, look just as good as the pre-war ones. Especially when held up to the ugly shrouded heavy barreled post 1972 ones

·
Registered
336 Posts
I cater to the pre-war but occasionaly would buy post war.i have a nice police positive special from 1952 with box and cleaning brush which was form its original owner only according to the lgs.anyway it was a pretty good deal.john

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 1928 Police Positive Special in 32-20 caliber. It's nice to shoot and I often wonder what all it has seen over the years. I prefer the prewar colts.

·
Registered
813 Posts
For those who can't decide, how about a little bit of both. A couple of early transitional post-war guns on pre-war frames.

A Detective Special from 1947 in 38NP (note the pre-war style hammer, trigger and ejector knob).

A Police Positive Special, also from 1947, in 32NP (this one has the post-war style hammer and trigger).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts