Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using something called Tetra Gun Grease on working points, but was wondering what other greases experienced forum members like. What do you think of Tetra? THANKS

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I like to use Outers gun grease on the slide rails, barrel locking lugs/bushing (for semi autos). Also use it on all internals (for revolvers). In combination with the Outers grease for rust coverage and other parts of the gun I use Break Free CLP.
I've never tried Tetra but it looks like a good option.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Like speedfrk, my favorite is the old Outers graphite lube. I've used it for at least 40 years. Also does wonders for lever action rifles. It is a colloidal anhydrous graphite in mineral oil. Insoluble in water. Thus it will NOT wash out of clothing. Stays put and very slick. It now goes by the brand name of Gunslick. If you decide to try some, order direct from Gunslick. Much cheaper than from Amazon, Ebay, or even Bass Pro. It comes in little .2 oz tubes, but a little goes a long way.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Me and everyone I know use RIG gun grease, as some others here on the forum..............................................................M*

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
Super Lube teflon is very good for trigger/sear interfaces and sliding, heavily loaded parts.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,616 Posts
There is no "magic" grease or other lubricant that stands above all the others.
Many gun owners just buy Lithium grease from farm, hardware, or Walmart stores.
The highly expensive gun shop greases are really no better.

As above, I used Super Lube grease and oil for many years on customer guns and still on my own.
Both are clear-white Teflon lubricants good from -45 to +450.
The grease is a stiff grease that really stays put, and the oil is a thick oil-thin grease that won't run off, evaporate, creep away, or dry out.
I've opened up customer guns as much as 10 years later and the Super Lube grease and oil was still there and working.

You can buy small tubes of the grease and oilers of the oil various places, and you can buy direct from Synco.
I bought cans of grease and 4 ounce bottles of the oil.

Grease | Oil | Synthetic Lubricants

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
I have used Castrol Wheel Bearing grease NLG #2 for years. It is a Lithium based grease. It is high temperature, high washout, and stays put. Just as the old hair pomade....."just a little dab will do". The cost is low and it works from a revolver to a machine gun. I t can be purchased at most auto stores and lasts a long time.

I think "dfariswheel" stated it best. I have never used Super Lube, but I may give it a try since it contains Teflon!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I've used Sta-lube engine assembly lube for years. It's a moly-graphite lube and it works great on guns as well as engine builds.

Best regards,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts