Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to pick up my latest "excellent in box" Colt Model Three Fifty Seven today at my local GS. My dealer had a strange look on his face so I knew something was up. The box looked great, the gun was great, but what the gun was wrapped in was just a bit on the creepy side...

IMG_0886.jpg IMG_0885.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I'm going to have the gun sterilized...

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I was going to bid on that Model 357, but saw that you were bidding on it; plus, I really didn't want to look for an excellent set of full checkered stocks to make it right.

Now, I'm sure I made the right decision! Did the underwear fit? :D

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Just don't put them both in the washing machine! :)
Gives a whole new meaning to rubber gloves.:eek:
Frank

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was going to bid on that Model 357, but saw that you were bidding on it; plus, I really didn't want to look for an excellent set of full checkered stocks to make it right.

Now, I'm sure I made the right decision! Did the underwear fit? :D
That's where I am right now, trying to find a nice set of original target style grips that won't cost and arm & leg. No comment on the underwear fitting or not...

·
Registered
478 Posts
Wow. I picked up an OMT this week that I had sent to my local gunshop. It was wrapped in wax paper, a first according to the shop. But undewear?!? Wow. Rubber glove time, until it's wiped down with Hoppes.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I buy approximately 2000 used firearms a year, you would be AMAZED at some of the things people find to ship guns in. Some of the better ones have been underwear, A inside out cat food bag (I left negative feedback on that one as the box was damaged), burlap, a cut up piece of old carpeting, and probably my crown jewel would be a guy shipped me a snubby Python that was stretch wrapped inside a very used hard hat! I guess he wanted to protect that baby!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I just talked to the guy... he says he'd like them back. They're his only pair.

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
Great googly moogly. Ya know. Hopalong sent me a nice Colt recently. There was no garment sent or received. I speak for both of us that we just don't think that is necessary to complete a firearm transaction.

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
many of us know that pampers are too expensive to use as packing material. course Keystone may see that one sooner or later too, since it would work good.

·
Registered
758 Posts
He sent the Colt in Fruit of the Looms???????? You have got to be kidding me.... Maybe he wanted to trade for some boxers....

·
Registered
797 Posts
Better than 'panties'. Then you may have so explaining to do to the wife.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts