1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Quote "I'm not really a revolver collector but thought this was a good gun to get. Is this a pretty desirable gun?"

No, not very collectable at all. Colt collectors don't find them desirable. Probably should trade it in on something worth while.Ron:rolleyes:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote "I'm not really a revolver collector but thought this was a good gun to get. Is this a pretty desirable gun?"No, not very collectable at all. Colt collectors don't find them desirable. Probably should trade it in on something worth while.Ron:rolleyes:
Sounds like a plan, I like 1911s better anyway.The last in box colt revolver I bought because I thought it was worthwhile ended up being a less than desirable gun and practically gave the thing away

·
Premium Member
3,035 Posts
It is a very nice early Pre war DS that I would love to own. You said it was a 1933, I thought the square butt stocks were only shipped through 1931 or 32. IMO, and I am sure others will jump in.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is a very nice early Pre war DS that I would love to own. You said it was a 1933, I thought the square butt stocks were only shipped through 1931 or 32. IMO, and I am sure others will jump in.
The date of manufacture is June 13, 1933 and it shipped August 26, 1933. Not sure how that fits into the square butt range

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
It don't get any better than that!

Wow...the Box is a treat of course, saying as it does on the top flap "Detective Special" and, on the bottom part "2 [inch] Police Positive Special".

How nice!

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
Wouldn't trade mine for a farm in GA
What's it worth, I have no idea, BUT IF I ever win the lottery, I'm coming to your house with a few suitcases :)... You constantly post guns which make me drool and very envious!!!

Edit: I dont guess a few suitcases would get it then :p

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.