Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Offered a 44 special Colt New Frontier with a 7.5" barrel.Serial #111XXNF made in 1980.Cylinder has a scratch on it but the gun appears unfired. Want to purchase it as a shooter,price 800.00. Wondering what others think of this proposition. Thanks

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I would say that is a good,fair price,but not great unless it includes the box. 7.5" is the most common for a N.F. and you probably know they are priced way below the SAA with the fixed sights. It should be a GREAT shooter,and like Dick,I love that cartridge! I have a 2nd Gen SAA .44 Special that had adj. sights and 4 3/4" bbl. added(and other "goodies") and a 3rd Gen N. Frontier,also 4 3/4" that is 44/40,but I bought and fitted a 3rd Gen. 44 Special Cylinder to give it "dual capabilities". As long as you keep your handloads down around 1000 fps. with 240 or so gr. bullets,the gun will outlast you! Good Luck! Bud

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
pjv, welcome to the forum.

A New Frontier in 44 Special, if it is truly unfired and only has a slight scratch on the cylinder, I would say $700 is a good ballpark figure, maybe he will take less. I realize that is a good bit to spend on a "shooter" but then, it is a "Colt" and I do love that cartridge.

I would go for it, but it is up to you to decide, it's not my money.

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts