Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just come into possession of several Colt pistols and need some help.
1. Colt New Serv 45lc NWRCMP on backstrap 98%
2. Early (red box) Gold Cup 45ACP (new)
3. Series 70 38 Super (new)
4. Series 70 45ACP WWII Commerative (new)
I have been collecting S&Ws for a long time but I am new to Colts. Are these saleable items, how should I price them?
Thanks, Joe

[This message has been edited by coronajs (edited 11-09-2004).]

·
Registered
265 Posts
You may get a better response in the Revolver Section. The Lounge sometimes goes for days without any posts,

John

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
coronajs;welcome to the forum,and I agree with "jcm" that you'd get a better response(s)in the Colt revolver section of this forum. I've been collecting New Services,and shooting them a plenty,for 20 years or more,so I will give you a little info on the Canadian "Mounted Police" ,45 Colt. These guns were purchased in "lots" for close to a 40 year period,first in .455 Eley or Webley from around 1900. These early models are the hardest to find,especially in the condition you describe. Later models were in .45 Colt caliber. ALL have 5 1/2" barrels,black hard rubber stocks(although some post 1928 guns,purchased as replacements,could have walnut medallion stocks),and lanyard rings on the butt. Markings varied,the last guns just having "MP" for mounted police. They are highly sought by collectors,and an "advanced collector" will know a lot more details than I do,(plus having a fatter wallet!)and insist upon a factory letter to verify that the gun is indeed an original "NWRCMP" gun. A ballbark figure would be $1500-2000,more if you have the original holster,Sam Brown Belt etc. Good Luck;hope this gives you a little help. Bud

1 - 3 of 3 Posts