Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Colt New Service model, Nickled, 45LC. It has a Lanyard, which makes it Military, I think. Also has Sambar grips, (appraised at $250-300). Overall condition is around 85-90% I have included pics. I need help to determine fair price should I decide to sell.
Thanks,
pappy

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Hey Pappy:

Thanks for posting the photos of your revolver. New Service revolvers are my very favorite Colt model.

From my vantage point here at the computer screen your New Service appears to be a commercial model that is sporting a non-factory finish. I've seen similar New Service revolvers at Dallas/Fort Worth gun shows with $500 to $600 price tags on them. I alway figure that the seller would come down $100 on one of them if he really wants to sell it so I'd say $400 to $500 for a sound New Service .45 Colt with a non-factory finish.

Does your revolver have a good bore? I'm an old geezer. In my view it'd still be a top choice as a good general purpose handgun; covering self defense, range use, plinking, and for field use, plugging the usual run of varmints encountered. I plugged a skunk on a hike afield a few years ago, using my New Service Model 1917. While I didn't get sprayed, his "presence" could be detected in my hunting jacket. There just is no way to kill a skunk without his spraying.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply. My local Colt collector agreed with you, on the $500-600 dollar range. I'm thinking $550 shipped will get her.
Thanks again,
pappy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts