Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much should I pay for a older .22 Cobra? The gun is in 90% condition with just normal wear. Very smooth action and locks up tight.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Blue Book shows $250 + 20% premium for 22 which would make it $300. This would likely be the starting point of negotiations. In this condition, I would not be real flexible in my price negotiation. I can only speak for myself as I would not be looking at a 90% gun other than as a shooter. I might go $325.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
i think the .22 cobras have become quite hard to get nowdays. i have been looking for one myself and they seem to bring 350$- outrageous. it seems like not long ago they were in the 2-3 hundred range.be advised that they are a poor carry/casual use type gun as the finish on the frame is quite fragile.imo /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
The 22 Cobra's are hard to find in any condition. The finish is fragile as was said. Does it have a shrouded ejector rod? If so, buy it.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
The 22 Cobra's are hard to find in any condition. The finish is fragile as was said. Does it have a shrouded ejector rod? If so, buy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there such a thing as a shrouded barrel 22 Cobra? All I ever saw were the older unshrouded 3 inch barrels in 22 caliber.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I believe production of the 22's was stopped at about the time the shrouded barrels were added to the Cobra model. Guess I would need to dig out my notes again to be sure but even then the production changes are spread over more than one year usually.

I have personally seen one example of a 22 Cobra with the shrouded design before I really knew much of anything about all the different models. This was in 1989 or there abouts and most dealers at that time didn't even know that there was a 22 Cobra model. I was learning. The Blue Book was a much smaller book at that time. Those were good days. I didn't buy it. I believe it was $300 NIB. Wish I could change that decision. As I recall, I purchased several guns at that show and I didn't want to spend any more money that day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts