Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Price check - King Cobra, 4\", Python 4\", excellent condition

What should one expect to pay, reasonably, for a King Cobra with 4" barrel in excellent condition?

What about for a 4" Python in excellent condition, blued, and stainless?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Re: Price check - King Cobra, 4\", Python 4\", excellent condition

In my humble opinion...

I've seen the KING COBRA 4" SS sell between $400-$550 from Excellent to MINT depending on box and so forth. They came in Blue, Satin Stainless & polished stainless. The Blue book states that the High Polished version is cheaper. I have NOT found that to be true in any way shape or form.
I would have to say that in my area I see more of the 6 inch version than the 4.
The 2.5 incher is TOUGH to find IF you can find it. You can expect to pay $500-$650 for a mint 2.5 incher.

The Python is not that exact price wise.
They range all over the country and range all over the auction boards. I would have to say the Blue and SS versions sell pretty close in price. Unless it's a very early version then the price you will see will be higher for the most part. I would think if you are lucky, you could snag a minty blue or SS Python in the $750-$800 range. Mint in box versions would start around $800 and run up to $1100 depending on age, perfection, correct grips, box & papers.
Keep the grips in mind when looking at these. If it's an older version that should have wood grips/stocks and it has $10 Pachmayr grips instead. Keep in mind that Vintage original wood Python grips will run between $100-$200 a set.
Hope that's not to confusing.
Good luck, Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
4,653 Posts

One more thing....

The grips on the King Cobra are not as finicky. They were rubber with Gold or Silver Colt medallions. If these have been changed out, the originals are common and can be found for around $15-$25 for a mint set. The King Cobra shares the same grip size as the Anaconda and there is not near as many after market styles to choose from as the Python.

Here's a pic of the correct grips for the King Cobra..

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
794 Posts

DHart you should be thinking that you might like to have SEVERAL King Cobra's!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

WS... yes, at least 2... blue 4" and SS 4"!

·
Registered
807 Posts

DHart:

I will soon be picking up my(Long awaited!)4-inch(Blued)Python, with wood grips(Circa, 1981)and I'll be posting pictures of it soon? I got lucky, and got this one, priced in the PRK(To me!)in the $800(Range)! Good luck to you, in finding a 4-inch Python? This should be easier for you to do-since you are located outside of the PRK?

[This message has been edited by Colt38 (edited 03-24-2005).]

·
Registered
35 Posts

You can also get a Trooper Mark V which is the same as a King Cobra and probably a few dollars less. I have a really nice Mark V in nickel that shoots like a dream, I was going to get a King Cobra before one Mr. Dfariswheel enlightened me. I hope you do get one DHart, I'd love to see how it looks when you shoot it, with your camera that is.

[This message has been edited by Pythonguy (edited 03-24-2005).]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Jeff... thanks for the info. I'm starting to think that I might like to have a King Cobra.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts