Colt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys---Looking for some help, I found a 95% condition nickel 4" Trooper Mark III, sorry no photos.
I understand that it's almost impossible to give an accurate without a photo. I am calling this Colt 90/95%, bore is bright, nickel finish good without staining, no holster wear and the grips are 100%. They are asking $800.00, is this a fair price?

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
I have an LGS here in IL that has a 6” satin e-nickel Trooper MKIII minimal turn line for $799 no box . I thought that was a bit high. It’s been in the case for 2 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
I purchased this one from a great member on the forums about 6 months ago. Paid $825. It obviously a 6in circa 1975ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,282 Posts
$650-$700 max. 98% and up would be worth $800 but below 98% the value drops significantly.

Reactions: Kraaaken

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the feedback, with information supplied around $700.00 should be fair price. I will attempt to acquire a few photos to nail down a more accurate appraisal.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Guys---Looking for some help, I found a 95% condition nickel 4" Trooper Mark III, sorry no photos.
I understand that it's almost impossible to give an accurate without a photo. I am calling this Colt 90/95%, bore is bright, nickel finish good without staining, no holster wear and the grips are 100%. They are asking $800.00, is this a fair price?
If factory target stocks, the '69 would have the high arched top stocks with silver medallions (not the same as shown on the 1975 MKIII).

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If factory target stocks, the '69 would have the high arched top stocks with silver medallions (not the same as shown on the 1975 MKIII).
Do you have a photo of high arched top stock with silver medallions?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Comparison of MKIII high arched target stocks circa 1969-1971 on a 4 blue MKIII and target stocks from 1972- mid 1976.
8099---Thanks again for the examples of grips. Would 1965 to 1968 Trooper has the same high arched target grips?

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
8099---Thanks again for the examples of grips. Would 1965 to 1968 Trooper has the same high arched target grips?
The 1965 Trooper is a different frame (I frame) and the MKIII is a J frame (different stocks). The Trooper has the same stocks as a Python but with silver medallions. Here's my 1965 Trooper in hard to find nickel recently sold to a forum member.

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The 1965 Trooper is a different frame (I frame) and the MKIII is a J frame (different stocks). The Trooper has the same stocks as a Python but with silver medallions. Here's my 1965 Trooper in hard to find nickel recently sold to a forum member.
Got it----Thanks for the information, that's help a lot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts