Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An acquaintance wants to sell of his 45 ACP collection but I have absolutely no idea what to offer him. They're are all NIB with all paperwork. Can someone give me some idea of the individual values for these pistols.

Colt Officers Bright Stainless
Colt Officers Standard Stainless
Colt Ultimate Officers .45
Colt Officers .45 Blue
Colt Officers .45 Matte Blue.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Not trying to be smart, but most people who want to sell things have a price in mind. If you are trying to do him a favor, then I would go with about 75% of market pricing which will allow you to break even if you sell them yourself individually.

[This message has been edited by 22-rimfire (edited 04-08-2005).]

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
22-rimfire,

The old gent that wants to sell them has a collection of over 400 guns, mostly Colts that are NIB, and hasn't priced any of them yet. I was going to make an offer but I am completely unfamiliar with the modern Colts, which is why I posted my question here. If I knew what the market prices were, I would have never asked the question.

·
Registered
312 Posts
From 24th Blue Book, 100% condition. Blue, 575. Matte blue, 525. Matte stainless, 640. Ultimate stainless, 720. This edition is over a year old. Is there some reason for the seller having no asking price?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gunfish,

I think that when he decided that he wanted to sell off his collection, he was overwhelmed by the number of guns that he accumulated that he couldn't find the original sales receipts for. I must have asked him 10 times what he wanted for them and he keeps saying that he doesn't know. With the info that you provided, I'll make him an offer and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Thiokol: I could have looked them up, but was hesitant to just lay out some numbers without a better understanding of the situation.

The original sales price really does not have much to do with the current value although the seller might think in those terms. Good luck with the collection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts