Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be my latest attempt at putting up a good picture, I hope!

Also, I will pre-emp a question I am sure rcw will ask. The gun came through the the custom shop (as evindent by the label) with Elliason rear sight instead of the standard Accro. Gotcha rcw!

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR
SIDEARM HANDY!

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 12-16-2003).]

·
Registered
42 Posts
My, my, ain't that purdy. And I'm kinda partial to the shiny ones. I think I'll have to practice up on my picture taking too. Also, how am I going to use your patented number scheme to add one of those to my collection?

- Pat

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
proco. Thanks!

I don't think the patented number scheme we devised will work too well on Colts, cause they seem to only use names and not model numbers.
We could do this though, one of each snake, Boa, Viper, Cobra, etc. and then how about LEO, like Police, Marshall, Trooper, Detective, etc. and let's not forget furry animals like Grizzly, Whitetailer, etc. and then we could go with the military ones like Commando, Officer, Commander, General, etc..
See, there can be no end to the madness we can create. LOL And to think, all it takes is money to further our madness.

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR
SIDEARM HANDY!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Now Dick, it's hard enough trying to put a nest of snakes together and here you go dreaming up new ideas......lol.

Dat sho iz a purty one you got thar. I likes em shiney too.

Majic

·
Registered
535 Posts
OK, DB. Yes, I think I would've asked about the rear sight ... So, NEXT question. Are the two types switcheable? Will one fit in the standard slot or is machining required? And, of course, which do you like better? Isn't the Eliason the Gold Cup sight and special order on Pythons?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rcw
With the Accro sight, you have about 1/16" gap in front on the frame cutout and it appears to be just enough to accomodate the Elliason, which is a tad longer. Some fitting is probably required though. And yes, as far as I know, it was special order on the Pythons.
I have shoot guns with both type sights and I like the Elliason better, cause on the Accro, you have sight frame with a middle adj. blade as on most rear adjustables, but with the Elliason it is flat on the back, one piece, less distraction, better sight picture, IMHO.

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR
SIDEARM HANDY!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Holy Mother of Samuel Colt...

That is a very NICE constrictor!

------------------
Peaceful Responsible Owner of GUNS
NRA Life Mbr

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nay Nay I say. Dis one, he got fangs and thangs.

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR
SIDEARM HANDY!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Yes, the Elliason rear sight can be found on the Gold Cup.

I have the big brother to Dick's Diamondback. 6" Nickel Python with Elliason sight from the Custom Shop. I on the other hand do not like the Elliason as well as the Accro.

The problem I have with the Elliason is the rear notch is just a hair smaller & gives me trouble finding the front sight. I suppose if your eyesight is perfect you may not have this problem with the Elliason. But I do. So I retro fit mine back to the Accro. The Elliason now resides in the box.

PS, no the sight is not for sale.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts