Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried contacting the Site administrator (with no response - or maybe I am being impatient and it takes a couple of days for response). Either way, since I mostly hang out in this Forum, I am wondering if anyone knows how to use the URL option to upload pictures?

In the past, to insert pictures, I select the 'images' icon. The displaying menu either provides you with an option to insert images 'From Computer' or 'From URL.' In this case, I select 'From Computer' and the pictures are uploaded. No problems.

The next time I want to post pictures, the displaying menu ONLY provides the option to insert the pictures 'From URL.' How do you do that? What is a URL? What is typed in after the words HTTP:// ? How do I find out what my URL is?

I probably need to find a computer Geek, but maybe some of you know. Thanks for your help.

Rob

·
Registered
645 Posts
Use the Manage Attachments button in Additional Options, just below the dialogue box.
By using that method, the site will allow images directly from Your P/C files to be copied/attached as a thumbnail, to Your posts.

Otherwise, You'll need to have an off-site hosting account, to host said images by using
tags, fore and aft of Your partiucular link.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
You have to use photobucket. I went through the same bs. Don't panic sign up with the imaging host.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I've located My tutorial post for using the Manage Attachments button, and here it is below....follow the instructions, and You'll post images directly from Your P/C.

Here's an easy, non-hosted method, to post images on this forum.

If You have images in Your PC files, the tools on this site actually do the work for You.

When posting, scroll below and look to the far right of the dialogue box, then click on Go Advanced.

Next, below the dialogue box locate Additional Options, and click on Manage Attachments.

You will then view a box to the upper left; click on Add Files.

A smaller box inside the box to the left will appear and prompt You to Select Files.

Click on that, and select files from Your pictures, or documents folder, wherever they may be.

Next, be sure to click on open, when promted to do so.

The file should show inside that small box, within a box.

Now, click on Upload, then add text to Your post's Dialogue Box, (such as a description of the image), then click on Preview (to view image thumbnail), then click directly on Submit.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
**THIS IS A TEST**

Okay. Thank you for the information. I'll try to post some pictures of my 1861 Navies to see if the instructions work.

Note: and Steg, if it does, you may want to copy ColtStar's writeup and get your Paterson and Walker posted on this site.

Rob

**THIS IS A TEST**

Attachments

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Gunner, the test looks good on my end. And thanx to ColtStar, too, for the help. I've been struggling with photobucket lately with not so good results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.